Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s happening now?
Project updates can be found here.
2. When does construction start?
We are on schedule to break ground in June 2017.
3. Why is the groundbreaking so far away?
Designing and building the new CCHS constitutes a purposeful and thoughtful challenge for all involved in the construction process. Ensuring students', educators', and stakeholders’ needs are addressed in every detail of the design requires integrated and comprehensive planning. This focused approach takes time.
4. Who's constructing the new CCHS?
5. Have students, parents, staff, and/or community members been involved in discussions and planning?
Yes. Throughout the Schematic Design, architects have talked with students, parents, staff and community members regarding wants, needs, wonderings and wishes about the new school.
6. Has the District sought advice from other school districts in similar situations?
Yes. Numerous study trips were taken in the Midwest to tour new high schools and learn about model programs in many areas of study to meet the needs of students.
7. How are learning spaces improved in the new CCHS conceptual design?
Using CCHS’s key design principles, Fanning Howey Associates created their initial design, which has been continually refined using the feedback from ongoing collaborative discussions with key stakeholders. A snapshot of improvements being proposed for learning spaces in the new CCHS include: open, transparent floor plans that promote cooperation and interaction; flexible spaces to accommodate changes in education programs and technologies; multi-faceted classrooms with digital integration throughout, space optimization for team learning and open dialogue; and the utilization of state-of-the-art building materials.
8. Does the new CCHS conceptual design have spaces available for community use?
The new CCHS Schematic Design does include spaces for community use. A small performance area, a large auditorium, commons area, café and cafeteria to name a few.
9. What does the construction timeline look like?
An estimated construction timeline can be found here.
10. How can interested individuals learn more and stay informed?
After each design phase there will be community meetings that will provide opportunities to meet with the architects. Once construction begins, we’ll also have a live construction camera so you can stay up-to-date on the progress of the new CCHS!